[Account Owner] Setting Up and Managing Offices
In This Article:
The Offices feature allows you to group your advisors the way that you see fit, plus have the the flexibility to maintain the specific level of control and oversight that works for your Enterprise. By taking advantage of Offices:
- You can group advisors from the same firm into separate offices
- You can set an Office Manager for an office
- You can control all advisor settings for them, the Office Manager can control the advisor settings, or your advisors can control their own settings
- Within an office advisors can either view everything, or just themselves, depending on their permissions
Here is a visual to help you understand how Offices helps with organization, and the controls users have depending on their role:
Create an Office
All accounts start with a default Office. To add another Office, go to Offices > Add Office:
Enter in the Office Name, assign an Office Manager (optional), and select Add Office:
Note: Only Managing Advisors can be designated as an Office Manager! Also see: How to change an advisor's permission level
Each office can have just one Office Manager.
👉 What can an Office Manager do?
An Office Manager can see office data, including other advisors' clients within the office, can manage billing for their own or other advisors' clients, and can control certain office settings. The potential settings an Office Manager can manage are:
- Company Name - This is always available and will override the company name set in Firm Settings > Company.
- Company Logo - This is available if "Allow advisors and offices to override logo image" is enabled in Firm Settings > Company. If enabled, it allows the Office Manager to set a logo for all advisors within the office that will override the firm's logo.
- Admin Users - This is available if "Enable advisors to add their own admin" is enabled in Firm Settings > Company. These are admins specifically to the Managing Advisor who is designated as the Office Manager. These admins also have Office Manager privileges, so they will be able to edit the office settings.
- Invoice Additional Information - This is available if "Enable advisors and offices to include their own additional information" is enabled in Firm Settings > Invoice. This text replaces the firm's additional information on the invoice. The Office Manager can prevent advisors from setting custom text even if at firm level you allow it.
- Invoice Disclosure - This is available if "Enable advisors and offices to write their own disclosures" is enabled in Firm Settings > Invoice. This text replaces your firm's disclosure on the invoice. The Office Manager can prevent advisors from setting custom text even if at firm level you allow it.
- Email Disclosure - This is available if "Enable advisors and offices to write their own disclosures" is enabled in Firm Settings > Emails & Notifications. This text replaces the firm's disclosure on emails. The Office Manager can prevent advisors from setting custom text even if at firm level you allow it.
If you do not select an Office Manager, all the settings above that you designate under your Firm Settings will apply to that office.
Tip: An advisor assigned as an Office Manager can only act in that capacity for one office, not multiple offices. Likewise, advisors can only be in one office at a time. (e.g. If you have a Managing Advisor in your default office and designate them as the Office Manager for a newly created office, they will be moved from the default office to the new office.)
Adding or Removing Advisors in an Office
Advisors can be assigned to a created office through the standard process of adding advisors to the account (Advisors > Invite Advisor). Additionally, both new and existing advisors can be added/assigned quickly when viewing a particular office.
From the Offices page, click the name of the office you wish to view or select its drop down menu and click View Office. Under Quick Actions, select Add New Advisor or Add Existing Advisor.
Reassign an Advisor's Office
To remove an advisor from their current office and reassign them to a different one, find the advisor on the Advisors list and select Edit Advisor from their drop down menu.
From the edit modal under Office, search/select the new office you want the advisor to belong to. Click Save.
📍Also see: How to delete advisors from your account
Editing or Deleting an Office
To edit an office name or its Office Manager, from the Offices page click the name of the office you wish to view or select its drop down menu and click View Office.
Select Edit Profile:
Make your changes in the edit modal, then click Save Office:
Deleting an Office
Following the steps above to edit an office profile, select Delete Office in the edit modal.
Confirm the deletion:
Deleting an office will move all of its advisors and their clients to the default office for the firm. Any Office Manager for the deleted office loses Office Manager privileges, and will not be able to edit office settings for the default office.