[Account Owner] Unpaid and Overdue Invoice Reminders
AdvicePay will automatically remind your assigned clients via email that they have an upcoming invoice due that they haven't paid and/or a past-due invoice that requires payment!
Here's how it works based on your default settings at Account Settings > Emails & Notifications:
1. We'll send an email to your client 3 days before the due date on their invoice to remind them to make their payment.
2. If your client doesn't log in and make their payment, we'll also send them another email reminder 1 day after the invoice due date. No further emails will be sent -- however, you can set up subsequent reminders if desired!
Note: A reminder email will not be sent for an invoice IF it is requested within the reminder's interval setting. (So, if you create an invoice within 1 day of its due date, and your overdue invoice email interval is set to 1 day after the due date, that overdue reminder will not go out to the client.)
Invoices with eSign Documents: if there is a document for eSignature attached to the invoice, a reminder about the unpaid invoice will not be sent to your client if the attached document is waiting on any signatures. Instead, a document reminder will be sent. Get more details here!
In all other cases, your client will receive a reminder to make their payment whether or not you emailed them the original request for payment.
📍 To manage, customize, or turn off these reminders, please see this article: Managing Emails Your Clients Receive
A few extra tips & tricks!
- Resend an invoice email through AdvicePay as your own reminder! Simply go to Invoices or Subscriptions in your sidebar, click the drop down menu for the relevant payment request, and select Send Reminder.
- Unregistered clients who want to establish a password for future account access will be able to get set up right through this email as well!
- Check the Email Log to see whether a reminder was successfully sent to a client.
- Upcoming Invoice Reminders are sent out at 7:00 p.m. UTC.