[Account Owner] Get Started with eSignatures: Enabling/Disabling (DocuSign)
In This Article:
AdvicePay's DocuSign integration allows you to connect your existing DocuSign account to get financial planning agreements and other documents signed as part of your payment requests or independently. Easily access your templates through AdvicePay and become more efficient instantly!
How to Enable
To enable: Go to Firm Settings > eSignature and click Enable eSignature:
Select that you want to turn on eSignatures on your account using DocuSign:
You will be prompted to log in to DocuSign to link your account to AdvicePay:
Click Accept to allow AdvicePay to create and send documents on your behalf, and obtain links for signing:
And that's it! Once enabled, all firm advisors with billing permissions in AdvicePay can send out templates you've added to your DocuSign account.
Enable Signer SMS Authentication
1. Under Firm Settings > eSignature toggle Enable signer SMS authentication to on
2. Click Save
When this feature is turned on and Recipient Authentication is enabled in DocuSign, the signee will receive an email letting them know that they have a document that requires signature. Once they click on the View and Sign button in the email, they will be taken to a DocuSign screen (see example below) where they will see the phone number the PIN will be sent to.
Signees will need to click on the Send SMS button to receive a SMS message via the phone number listed. Once the PIN has been entered into the box, signees will be taken immediately to the document to sign.
Enabling a signer SMS authentication will only apply to future documents sent. 😀 Any existing documents already sent out for signature at the time of modifying this setting will not require signers to enter a PIN.
- Advisors can add a new client attribute named phone number under Firm Settings > Client. Once Advisors add phone numbers in the client's profile under the Clients tab, AdvicePay will auto populate the phone number when Advisors go to send the document.
- When sending a document, Advisors will see the requirement to enter in a phone number (if there is not one already auto populated from the attribute in the client's profile).
- A phone number cannot be edited once the document has been sent. If a phone number was added incorrectly, the document would need to be canceled and re-sent.
How to Enable Recipient Authentication in DocuSign
For SMS authentication to work properly, this feature also requires Recipient Authentication to be enabled under DocuSign's Security Settings. Here's how to do that!
1. Ensure Signer SMS Authentication is enabled (see above).
2. Navigate to your DocuSign Authentication Settings ( Security Settings > Authentication Settings) and enable your Recipient Authentication Triggers to Every time a recipient accesses an envelope.
This setting ensures that every time the signed document is viewed, it will require SMS authentication.
How to Disable eSignature
Visit Firm Settings > Billing and toggle Enable eSignature to off. Then confirm that you want to disable!
This will remove the ability to attach documents with payment requests. If you had open documents out for signature, signing will no longer be required before a client makes a payment.
If you have signed or voided documents, they will still be viewable!
Ready to do more with eSignature via DocuSign?
Check out the articles below!