[Account Owner] Advisor Attributes
Whether you're seeking an easier way to manage advisors across all of your various systems or you simply want to easily access extra information on advisors within your AdvicePay account, help your firm stay organized by assigning unique advisor profile properties!
Only the Account Owner and your firm Admins can manage attribute settings.
Attribute information entered on an advisor's profile is only seen by you, other Managing advisors and their admins who are assigned to the same Office, and firm-wide admin/analyst users on your account. (Non-managing advisors, admins/analysts of non-managing advisors, and clients do not see it.)
If you assign an advisor ID or tag, it will display in the following areas unless designated as "Protected."
- Below the advisor's name on the "View Advisor" page
- On the Advisor report (*Limited to the Advisor ID and Tags -- look for more attributes to come!)
- On your Transaction reports (*Limited to the Advisor ID only)
Setting up Attributes
Navigate to Firm Settings > Advisor to access attributes that you can add to an advisor profile:
- Can be edited to describe an attribute different than "Advisor ID"
- Can only be a Text field
- Can be disabled by toggling the button to off
- Contains populated information that is only editable by the Account Owner and firm Admins
- Cannot be permanently deleted
- Cannot be a "Protected" field (populated information will always display in-app and in reports)
If your Enterprise has single-sign-on (SSO) capability for advisors, you will also see a default SSO ID attribute.
To add a new attribute, click Add New Attribute and fill out the type of information you want to include in an advisor's profile:
To make the attribute required when an advisor is added or their profile edited, toggle Require attribute to be filled out or selected to on.
❗️To ensure privacy and security, we recommend not using attributes to store or display any highly sensitive data, such as a full Social Security Number!
If you do need to collect sensitive or private data in an advisor's profile, please toggle Protect field from viewing after entered to on. This will mask the data when viewing/editing an advisor. (If retrieving the advisor via the API, the field will not be masked.)
Assigning Attributes to Advisors
Assigning an attribute can be done when you add an advisor, or it can be added/edited at anytime by going to Advisors > Edit Advisor.
Simply add, edit, or remove the information entered in the attributes field(s):
When added/saved, their profile will now display like so: