[Account Owner] Bulk Importing Clients
Have a long list of existing clients that you need to get set up on AdvicePay? Instead of entering them one by one, use our bulk importing tool to create them in a jiffy!
1. Begin by visiting Clients in your sidebar. Click the Import button:
2. Download our ready-to-use client import CSV template by clicking on the blue link. This template contains the exact fields we need to be able to import clients in AdvicePay, so you don't need to change or adjust a thing!
3. Enter your clients' First Name, Last Name, Email, and Advisor Email (this email must be associated with an advisor existing in your AdvicePay account).
4. Save your finished file in .CSV format.
If you're using Windows, you may need to save your file as a .txt.
5. Drag and drop (or click) to upload the file to AdvicePay. When successful you'll receive a confirmation, along with the number of client records we detected:
Uh oh! Did you receive a formatting error instead? Please double check that all of your required fields are filled out in the format as shown in the screenshot above and that all advisor emails currently exist in your account. 😀
6. Click Review & Import
7. On the Review screen you can verify that your import looks accurate before adding clients to your account.
If you decide you don't want a particular client imported, uncheck the box to the left of their name:
8. Finally, click Import Selected to complete your bulk client import:
Please note: Standard advisors cannot add clients and assign them to other advisors in the firm. When imported, any clients associated with other firm advisors on the CSV file will automatically be assigned to the Standard advisor. Additionally, Read Only advisors cannot import clients.